RECIPE / Roasted eggplant with yogurt and curry sauce
We share this recipe with you from one of our favorite chefs, Yotam Ottolenghi
A quick, gourmet and healthy recipe, perfect to satisfy your irresistible cravings for pregnant women.
Ingredients for 4 persons) :
- 3 large eggplants or 4 medium (1.1 kg)
- 100ml peanut oil
- 200 g pasteurized Greek yoghurt
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lime: 1 tsp. coffee zest and 2 tbsp. coffee juice
- 2 tbsp. teaspoon curry powder
- 1 chopped onion (150g)
- 30g slivered almonds
- ½ tsp. teaspoon roasted and lightly crushed cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed and roasted
- 40 g pomegranate seeds
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (convection heat).
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the aubergines, omitting every other strip of skin to create vertical stripes. Cut them into 2 cm thick slices that you will place in a salad bowl. Add 70 ml of oil, ½ tsp. coffee salt, a good dose of pepper and mix.
- Spread the slices on a large lined baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with the turmeric, the lime juice, 1 tbsp. coffee curry, 1 good pinch of salt and a few turns of the pepper mill. Reserve in the fridge until needed.
- Put the 2 tbsp. tablespoons remaining oil, heat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then sauté the onion for 8 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender and well coloured. Add the remaining curry, the almonds, 1 pinch of salt and continue cooking for 2 minutes, until the almonds brown.
- When serving, arrange the eggplant slices in a rosette on a large serving platter or directly on the plates, then drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with fried onions, cumin and coriander seeds, pomegranate seeds, lime zest and serve.
#ottolenghi #wifepregnancy #pregnancyfood #pregnancytips #happytobloom #pregnantandsexy #paloma